Friday, January 27, 2006

"You are a partisan - what do you call it - hack"














Chris Matthews has become an insult to professional journalism and the laughingstock of MSNBC. And that's a tall order on a network that features Rita Cosby and Joe Scarborough.

From his on-air bias to his grating style of "interviewus interruptus" to his latest crude joke about homosexuality, Matthews is a poster boy for the mainstream media's complicity in the degradation of public political discourse.

Some legitimate public figure other than Jed Clampett needs to go on "Hardball" and do to Matthews what Jon Stewart did to Tucker Carlson on "Crossfire":

JON STEWART: "I think, oftentimes, the person that knows they can't win is allowed to speak the most freely, because, otherwise, shows with titles, such as "CROSSFIRE" or "HARDBALL" or "I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS" will jump on it.

"…In many ways, it's funny. And I made a special effort to come on the show today, because I have privately, amongst my friends and also in occasional newspapers and television shows, mentioned this show as being bad.

"…I felt that that wasn't fair and I should come here and tell you that I don't -- it's not so much that it's bad, as it's hurting America.

"…Here's just what I wanted to tell you guys: stop, stop, stop, stop hurting America.

"...You are partisan, what do you call it, hacks."


Paging Stephen Colbert.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home